Air to Water Heat Pump Cost
Heat pumps are becoming more and more popular because they can provide an excellent source of energy-efficient heat and hot water for homes or offices. If you are looking for heating or cooling equipment, air to water heat pumps are most likely the energy solution you need because they are not only a green technology, but also versatile and cost-effective.
There are many factors to consider when buying a heat pump. These variables mean that installation costs can vary greatly. To get the exact price, you need a complete quotation.
However, we can see the price you can expect to pay. We can also see what you might save and produce as part of the RHI program.
Installation cost of air to water heat pump:
Taking into account the estimates proposed by the Energy Saving Trust Fund (EST), it is assumed that the installation cost of the air-to-water heat pump will vary between £7,000 and £11,000.
However, the installation of the heat pipe system is not a complicated process because it usually only lasts a few hours, and it is recommended to avoid installing the heat pipe by yourself. It is replaced by the help of professional installers, because the heating efficiency largely depends on the output of the heating system, which may be negatively affected if the system is installed incorrectly.
Operating cost of air to water heat pump:
The operating cost of a heat pump depends largely on the COP of your house, installation, and heat pump.
For a house of 100 square meters, the heating demand per square meter is 55 kilowatt-hours, which requires about 5,000-6,000 kilowatt-hours of heating a year. In addition, considering that there are 4 people living in the house, the hot water needs about 4,000 kWh.
If the outdoor temperature level is higher than 7 degrees Celsius, a properly installed air-water heat pump that provides space heating may only ensure a COP (Coefficient of Performance) of 3. Given that the average temperature in the country between November and March varies between 4 and 7 degrees Celsius, the pump will consume approximately 2,200 kWh of electricity at a cost of 285 pounds to produce 6,000 kWh of heating.
Nevertheless, in addition to £285 for space heating, we must also consider the cost of hot water at 4,000 kWh. Similarly, if the water pump is set up correctly, it will try to increase the water temperature to 30-35°C, and then the built-in water heater can further increase the water temperature to the desired level.
This symbiosis function of air to water heat pump and electric water heater helps to keep the COP of the pump as high as possible and minimize the work of the water heater, which helps you save on efficiency and cost.
Therefore, the cost of heating water is approximately £460. All these add up to our total operating costs of £745-annual operating costs reduced by 3-4% (compared to condensing boilers) and 40% (compared to oil boilers), provided that the COP of the heat pump is as high as possible Stay high for a long time. This is because a new condensing gas boiler (85% efficiency) will cost about 770 pounds per year to meet the same heating demand, while an oil-fired boiler operating at the same efficiency will cost about 1,050 pounds per year.
Types of air to water heat pumps:
1. Ductless, only need a 3-inch hole through the wall to connect the outdoor condenser and the indoor head
2. Ducted, you need to install a duct system or use your existing ventilation system
3. Short-run ducted, using a traditional large-scale duct system, only passing through a small part of the house, usually supplemented by other ductless units for the rest of the house
4. Split type, outside of the inner coil, the return air duct is connected to the indoor central fan
5. Packed, usually with coils and fans outdoors, and the heated or cooled air is transported to the inside from the pipe system passing through the wall or roof
6. Multi-zone, connect two or more indoor heads to an outdoor condenser, each head creates its own comfort zone, allowing families to heat or cool a single room, corridor and other areas
7. Single zone, suitable for a single room with an outdoor condenser and an indoor machine head matching
Since we often have to stay at home now, it is very important to prepare for the maintenance of the house. Making a plan can give you peace of mind, please contact us. We will give you a free budget.