Are heat pump water heaters worth it?Water heaters have almost become standard equipment, and every household has them. Our common ones are electric water heaters, gas water heaters and solar water heaters, but now more and more people are talking about "heat pump water heaters", so what is heat pump water? heaters? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Let's learn about it together next!
What are air source heat pump water heaters?
Air source heat pump water heaters can also be called air source heat pump water heaters. Its working principle is to absorb the low temperature in the air, vaporize it with a fluorine medium, heat it up by the compressor, and then heat the water in the water tank through a heat exchanger. To put it in a layman manner, it is to transfer the heat in the air to the heating of the water.
What are the advantages of air source heat pump water heaters?
1. Energy saving: heat pump water heaters are excellent in terms of energy saving. The use cost is only 1/4 of electric water heaters and 1/3 of gas water heaters. It is even more energy-efficient than solar water heaters, because about 1/3 of them are used in a year. The time is that solar water heaters can't work, only electric auxiliary heating can be used, and the power consumption is relatively high. In general, in order of energy saving, air energy>solar>gas>electricity.
2. Safety: Safety performance is also one of the advantages of heat pump water heaters. Because it achieves the separation of water and electricity, it avoids the risk of electric shock. At the same time, it does not need to burn gas, so there is no risk of poisoning, and it is very safe.
3. Lifespan: The service life of electric water heaters and gas water heaters is about 6-8 years, while the service life of heat pump water heaters is as long as 15-20 years, and it will not emit exhaust gas and toxic gas. It has a long service life and is environmentally friendly.
What are the disadvantages of air source heat pump water heaters?
1. Installation: heat pump water heaters have an outdoor unit and a water storage bucket. Generally speaking, the water storage bucket should be able to store 120-150 liters of water, an outdoor unit + a large water storage bucket. For these two big guys, you have to think in advance It's better to put it here. For users with a large living area, this is not a problem, but for small-sized users, this problem is still worth considering.
2. Environment: Its working principle is to transfer the heat of outdoor air to the water storage bucket to achieve the purpose of heating water. In other words, the higher the outdoor temperature, the higher the heating efficiency, and the lower the outdoor temperature, the slower the heating efficiency. This is a normal physical phenomenon, but it is also a problem, because in winter, for friends living in the north, the experience will be very unfriendly.
3. Price: Although the later use is very energy-efficient, the price is still very high when you buy it. For example, electric water heaters and gas water heaters can be taken home for about 1,000 yuan, and the cheap heat pump water heaters are around 6,000, so the initial stage The investment is still very high, and for this, many users are unacceptable.
Are air source heat pump water heaters worth buying? The above has introduced its working principle, advantages and disadvantages. I believe you will have a certain understanding after reading it. As for whether it is worth buying, it depends on your personal understanding of heat pump water heaters. I hope today’s content will be helpful to everyone.