CO2 Heat Pump Disadvantages
What is CO2 heat pump?
CO2 heat pump is a heat pump system based on CO2 as a refrigerant. Because the refrigerant of CO2 is R-744, the CO2 heat pump is also called the R744 heat pump.
CO2 heat pump work principle
The working principle of CO2 heat pump is basically the same as that of ordinary heat pumps. During the setting time, when the water temperature of the hot water tank is lower than the setting value of the temperature controller, the heat pump, fan and circulating water pump automatically turn on, and the fan will inhale the air into the evaporator. After the refrigerant in the evaporator absorbs the thermal energy in the air, the heat pump (compressor) is pressed at high temperature, and then the heat is released to the water through the heat exchanger to increase the water temperature. When the water temperature of the heating water reaches the set temperature, the heat pump and fan stop work.
The difference between CO2 heat pump and ordinary heat pump
The CO2 heat pump uses CO2 as a refrigerant, and the ordinary heat pump is generally used as an environmentally friendly refrigerant as a refrigerant. The working principles of the two are basically the same, both of which are steam compression, but there are slight differences. On the end of the condenser, CO2 does not condense into liquid, and Flun Refrder condenses into liquid on the condenser end, and then throws a flow.
Advantages of CO2 heat pump:
1) The cooling capacity of the unit volume CO2 is several times that of other refrigerants. Its excellent flow and heat transfer characteristics can significantly reduce the volume of the compressor and system, making the entire system very compact;
2) CO2 refrigerant has little damage to the ozone layer, and GWP is low;
3) CO2 refrigerant with high thermal efficiency combined with peak electricity costs at night, which greatly reduces operating costs;
4) Good performance and chemical stability, CO2 is safe, non -toxic, and not flammable. It is suitable for various lubricant and commonly used mechanical parts materials. Even at high temperatures, it will not decompose to produce harmful gases;
6) Compared with conventional refrigerants, the compression ratio of CO2 cross -critical loop is small, about 2.5 to 3.0, which can improve the operating efficiency of the compressor and improve the performance coefficient of the system.
7) Using CO2's exhaust temperature is higher, you can get higher temperature hot water, which can be adjusted within 55 ~ 90 ° C; CO2 heat pump can work at -20 ° C. Essence
8) CO2 is an endless and inexhaustible natural substance on the earth. As a natural refrigerant, it is considered CFC due to its environmental protection, non -toxic and excellent cross -critical loop characteristics. The best alternative to physical refrigerant. 5) Have thermodynamic properties suitable for refrigeration cycle and equipment, CO2 evaporates the heat;
CO2 heat pump disadvantage
The main disadvantage of CO2 as a refrigerant is that the critical temperature is low (31.1 ° C), and the critical pressure is high (7.37MPa). Especially the latter, if a cross -critical cycle is adopted, the working pressure of the CO2 refrigeration system can reach up to 10MPa, which requires stricter requirements for the strength, sealing and pipeline connection of the system. There is no doubt that its production cost is also the cost of other gas sources. Several times the heat pump unit.
We are professional CO2 heat pump suppliers. Contact us, we will give you professional advice.