CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System
Heat pump hot water system can be used for heating, cooling and domestic hot water (DHW) production, generally using refrigerant R410A. In contrast, the use of refrigerant R744 will be more efficient. The CO2 hot water heat pump can produce particularly high hot water temperature, and it also has more other advantages.
How does the CO2 heat pump system work?
Economical and environmentally friendly, the CO2 high temperature hot water heat pump system uses very little energy to transfer heat from one location to another.
First, the ozone-friendly R744 (CO2) absorbs heat from a low-temperature source (ambient air). R744 (CO2) is a natural refrigerant that is harmless to the environment.
When the warm gaseous refrigerant circulates in the system, it passes through the compressor, and its pressure and temperature increase.
The hot refrigerant then passes through the heat exchanger, thereby heating the water. Then the refrigerant circulates back to the system and the hot water is pumped into the storage tank.
Advantages of using CO2 as a refrigerant:
The model name R744 is followed by the natural refrigerant CO 2. Carbon dioxide (CO 2) is almost an ideal refrigerant for ecological and safety related aspects, because its ozone depletion potential (ODP) is zero. In addition, it is non-toxic, non-flammable and chemically inert-these characteristics make it unnecessary for recycling and disposal.
1. Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) = 0
2. Greenhouse warming potential (GWP) = 1
3. Meet all requirements of refrigerants in terms of climate protection
Functions and advantages of CO2 heat pump:
1. Heating to 90°C-Due to its innovative design, CO2 heat pump can produce hot water up to 90°C at low and high ambient temperatures (-20°C to 43°C).
2. Flexible-the same system can be used for space heating and domestic hot water at the same time.
3. Ultra-quiet operation-60dB(A)
4. No burning-reduce the risk of fire
5. Suitable for ΔT up to 60°C (flow 90°C, return 30°C)
6. The ambient working temperature is -5°C to 43°C (special devices of -15°C or -20°C can be provided)
7. Safe-non-flammable CO₂ refrigerant
8. Compact-due to the Y-frame design (CHP-80), 30% of space can be saved
9. Multifunctional-suitable for many purposes, from small facilities to large buildings that require hot water or heating.
10. Environmental protection- CO2 heat pump uses natural CO₂ refrigerant. The global warming potential (GWP) of this refrigerant is about 1/1700 of R410, and the ozone depletion potential (ODP) is zero.
11. Energy saving-Under the best conditions, the CO2 heat pump achieves an excellent coefficient of performance (up to 4.2), which is equivalent to higher energy efficiency. Compared with traditional electric water heaters, CO2 hot water heat pumps can save up to 75% of heat energy. By operating during off-peak hours when low electricity prices are available, energy costs can be further saved.
12. Easy installation: Installation requires a licensed plumber and electrician, and does not require refrigeration technicians.
Highlights of CO2 heat pump components:
1. Antifreeze/cold zone device
The heat pump is equipped with a defrost solenoid valve, which opens when the evaporator freezes. The hot gas will then flow through the evaporator and melt the ice.
2. One heating
It is suitable for heating water from low temperature to high temperature (large temperature difference) at one time.
3. Reduce storage requirements
Since this hot water heat pump can heat water to 90ºC, the size of the water storage tank can be reduced.
4. Energy saving function
This function is an energy-saving function, it can learn the operating mode of the first four weeks, through natural heat loss to prevent unnecessary heating and the temperature drop of the stored water. Using this function based on operating data will prevent the device from boiling water unnecessarily.