Geothermal Heat Pump Swimming Pool HeaterGeothermal is the most energy-efficient way to heat and cool homes, offices or swimming pools. Geothermal energy can also protect natural resources. Geothermal energy can not only be used to heat your swimming pool, but also does not involve the use of fossil fuels.
Do you want a way to heat and cool a personal or commercial swimming pool? Geothermal is an ideal resource and method for heating swimming pools. It also brings more benefits than using gas, electricity or even solar swimming pool heating devices.
How does the ground source heat pump work?
Ground source heat pumps use heat energy from the ground. They are realized by laying horizontal ground loops in trenches about 100m long and 1m deep, or if this method has limited space, a vertical closed loop system can be installed in the borehole. The borehole reaches an average depth of 100m. These pipes circulate circulating water and antifreeze solution, collect energy from the ground and transfer it to the compressor, which raises the temperature to a usable ambient temperature.
How efficient is the ground source heat pump?
Ground source heat pumps are currently the most efficient heating system. A well-performing heat pump can generate about 4 kilowatts of heat for every 1 kilowatt of electricity-an efficiency of 400%, while the efficiency of a modern gas boiler is 90%.
Some benefits and advantages of using geothermal energy for swimming pool water.
1. You save money! When you use geothermal energy to heat, you can save 70-90% from the cost of using natural gas to heat water! This is very important.
2. The geothermal heating system of the pool heater has a longer service life than other heaters, which will help offset the cost of heating the pool water.
3. The geothermal system can last up to twenty years. Other pool water heaters may only be used for five to ten years.
4. The groundwater temperature is kept constant at 75 degrees. This means that the geothermal heat pump does not have to consume a lot of energy to heat the water, it can easily enhance the heat of the groundwater to heat the water in the pool.
5. The geothermal system can also be used in conjunction with a hot tub or spa to heat water more effectively.
6. Heat pumps and geothermal devices can either cool water or heat water. On those days when the outside temperature can make swimming in a heated swimming pool uncomfortable, this is an amazing benefit. The heat pump has a "reverse" valve to cool the water in the swimming pool when necessary. The use of geothermal cooling is an energy-saving method to reduce the water temperature, and it can also reduce the amount of water lost due to evaporation.
7. Symbiosis service company. If you have an aquatic facility, a community swimming pool or a backyard swimming pool that you want to use throughout the year with minimal impact on the environment, please contact us and we will be happy to introduce more benefits of geothermal systems.
How much does it cost to buy a geothermal heat pump?
If you have done some research and have decided to invest in a geothermal heat pump for your swimming pool, the next question is: how much does it cost? Although the exact price depends on many factors, we will be able to provide you with an overview, including four main factors that may affect the final cost.
1. Initial cost
For geothermal or water source heat pumps, the initial cost is usually the largest investment. As a result, some consumers decided to oppose them. Although you can save more money by investing in another heat pump, it is important to think ahead and consider operating costs. Another factor that affects the initial cost is the size of the pool.
2. Operating costs
Factors such as outdoor environment, climate, electricity cost and required temperature all affect heating costs. Generally speaking, the operating cost of geothermal heat pumps is very low because they are energy-efficient.
Just like operating costs, maintenance costs depend on many factors. Before purchasing a geothermal heat pump, you should conduct a warranty study. Although the warranty may cover one type of compensation, other types of compensation may not. In addition, some manufacturers will only provide you with a one-year warranty, while other manufacturers may provide you with a ten-year warranty.
These three factors are the most important when investing in geothermal heat pumps. Before the final purchase, research the different heat pump brands, warranty and installation costs to ensure that you are worth the money.