A hybrid electric heat pump water heater is an integrated system that utilizes heat pump technology to provide a more efficient way to heat water with electricity. A heat pump absorbs heat from the surrounding air and stores it in a water tank. The end result is very efficient production of hot water, and cooler and dehumidified air is a welcome by-product.
The heat pump is more than twice as efficient as a standard electric water heater and is easy to install, living up to its impressive reputation. With flexible operating modes, this is a water heater designed to work in many different applications.
Water heaters generally use more energy than most other home appliances. On average, they use more energy than a home refrigerator, dishwasher, washer and dryer combined. The good news is that heat pumps are designed to significantly reduce operating costs. In fact, heat pumps can provide homeowners considerable savings over their entire life cycle. How important is it? With its 2.3 EF rating (compared to the average 0.93 -.95 EF rating of standard electric models), this innovative water heater can cut annual operating costs by more than half.
Our Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters can be used effectively in all regions of the U.S. Depending on the location, one or both of the heating components - the heat pump and the conventional heating element - will operate for optimum performance.
How does it work?
1. Use a compressor and environmentally friendly R134a refrigerant to absorb ambient heat from the surrounding air to heat the water
2. The self-contained heat pump unit is integrated on the top of the water tank
3. Multiple operation modes can flexibly meet different hot water needs
1. Increased Storage Improves Efficiency: High-capacity water tanks allow the heat pump to run more often than the elements. This provides greater energy efficiency and lower operating costs, saving homeowners money. The extra storage helps heat pump performance even in cooler climates.
2. Energy Efficiency: 2.3 Energy Factor Saves energy and meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
3. Selection of operating modes: Choose from efficiency, hybrid or conventional electric modes to match heating requirements to ambient conditions. Hybrid mode automatically adjusts between compressor and element based on heat requirements. Vacation mode protects system components from freezing damage.
4. Backup Electric Elements: Long lasting heating elements, low 240V/2000W and high 240V/4500W, help to heat water in traditional electric or hybrid mode.
5. Electronic User Interface: User-friendly electronic control module designed for easy interaction. The large LCD temperature display shows temperature, operating conditions and service information in °F or °C in an easy-to-read format. A backlit mode button, security lock to prevent unwanted access, and a three-line display communicate current status and error messages when applicable.
6. Power anodes: Power anodes are installed to protect the tank from corrosion and eliminate the service requirements of traditional anode rods.
7. Dehumidification: Ideal for basements, the compressor transfers heat to your water while dehumidifying the ambient air. The washable heat pump filter can be easily removed for daily cleaning.
8. Ten Years Limited Warranty
9. Qualify for up to $1,500 in tax credits
Capacity (Gallons): 60
Energy Star Rated: Yes
Height (Inches): 67.33"
Diameter (Inches): 24-1/2"
Weight (lbs): 332 lbs
Water Connection: 3/4"
Max Temp (F): 150°F
2.40 (Efficiency Mode)
2.33 (Hybrid Mode)
0.88 (Electric Mode)