CO2 heat pumps are recognized as the most efficient way to generate high temperature hot water with low electrical energy input.
Having a renewable heat source that can generate high temperatures using natural refrigerants enables system designers or specifiers to incorporate the most sustainable systems into heating and hot water system designs.
CO2 heat pumps offer a system capable of operating in three temperature modes:
1. Hot water from 10ºC to 65ºC (80ºC temperature is possible) for accumulated hot water
2. For district heating or single system heating 40ºC to 70ºC
3. Thermal batteries for accumulating low-tariff and low-carbon electricity
CO2 heat pumps offer the opportunity to utilize and integrate renewable technologies in projects to meet the 52-week mandated heating/hot water requirements.
Natural refrigerant CO2 heat pumps have real advantages in efficiently delivering outlet temperatures in excess of 70ºC compared to standard heat pumps using chemical refrigerants
1. Using carbon dioxide as a refrigerant can deliver high temperature hot water more efficiently
2. Renewable targets can be achieved without considering mid-temperature 45ºC heating circuit integration
3. Provide air, water or ground source CO2 system
4. CO2 scores highly on environmental standards. The gas is a natural refrigerant and has a GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 1, indicating minimal risk.
To meet the highest environmental standards, the equipment should be operated with natural refrigerants such as carbon dioxide. Here are some advantages of using this refrigerant:
1. Cost and carbon savings.
2. High temperature heaters are available from air and groundwater/water sources.
3. Proven technology to provide cooling and hot water
4. CO2 heat pump has a COP of 4 when producing hot water at 65ºC
5. The COP of a refrigerant heat pump when producing hot water at 65ºC is about 2.2
6. Carbon dioxide is twice as efficient as conventional refrigerants when considering the production of hot water
Replacing fossil fuels and realizing cost and carbon savings
7. With our CO2 heat pump technology, you can save energy and money while making the greatest contribution to the environment with natural refrigerants and renewable systems.
1. Heating and hot water
2. Semi-hermetic reciprocating compressor
3. Axial fan
4. Total cooling recovery
* Capacity from 15kW to 100kW
* Maximum water temperature 80C
* Minimum ext. Air temperature -20C
* Multi-unit/single system operation up to 600kW+
* Air and water sources