The co2 air source heat pump is a heat pump using natural R744 (CO2)
refrigerant for high temperature domestic hot water production in residential,
commercial, tourism and industrial applications.
With an outdoor temperature of -25°C, a CO2 heat pump can easily heat
and produce hot water up to 90°C.
The average COP of a CO2 heat pump hot water system is 5, which means
that for a 1 kW electrical input, it produces about 5 kW of heat output. This
reduces energy consumption by approximately 80% compared to conventional
electric-element hot water systems.
How does a CO2 heat pump work?
CO2 heat pump systems use leading technology to absorb energy from the
ambient atmosphere and convert it into heat. The ozone-friendly refrigerant
(CO2) absorbs heat and flows into the compressor, where it is converted into a
hot gas. It then passes through a condenser inside a water heat exchanger,
where the water is heated and stored in a hot water tank for later use. No need
for a backup booster.
1. It can generate hot water up to 90°C without using an immersion
2. Its Monobloc unit with CO2 refrigerant has a Zero Ozone Depletion
Potential (Zero ODP) and a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1.0, the lowest
2. With an industry leading CoP (Coefficient of Performance) of 4.3, it
is an ideal system for meeting the hot water needs of commercial buildings such
as hotels, nursing homes and leisure centers.
3. Provides sanitary hot water even in cold temperatures (65-90°C)
7. Natural refrigerant (CO²)
8. No reduction in output capacity from -7°C
9. The efficiency is 6 times that of gas boilers
10. Up to 50% less carbon emissions compared to gas boilers
11.5,000 to 100,000 liters/day configuration
12. Easy-to-use touchscreen controller
13. Very low operating noise
CO2 heat pumps are equipment on the list of new energy technologies,
with government subsidies, which will help you reduce your purchase cost.
Types of Heat Pump System:
There are three types of heat pumps: air-to-air, water source, and
geothermal. They collect heat from the air, water or ground outside your home
and concentrate it for indoor use.
Capacity from 15kW to 100kW
Maximum water temperature 120°C
Air temperature -20°C
Multi-unit/single system operation up to 600kW+
Air and water sources
1. What is the operating temperature range?
Operates from -20°C to 110°C
2. What is the coefficient of performance (COP) of the heat pump system?
It ranges from 2 to 5 depending on the ambient temperature. As the
weather gets warmer and the incoming water gets cooler, you'll see greater
3. How do we protect water pipes from freezing?
Outdoor waterlines require insulation, a heat tracing kit is
4. Can it be used as a combination of domestic hot water and radiant
heating system (Combi)?
Of course. Your heat load must be below 8,000btu/hr and the design
temperature is above 12F, we recommend that you use at least 20 gallons of
domestic hot water per day to maintain tank stratification and efficiency.
5. Do you have a recommended installer?
Fortunately, the installation requirements for a heat pump are simple
enough that any licensed plumber can do it.