A swimming pool heat pump is one of the most cost-effective ways to heat
a swimming pool on the market. Start-up costs may be a bit expensive, but they
offer advanced heating technology while being very energy efficient. In just a
few seasons, a pool heat pump can pay for itself by saving on utility bills.
How a Swimming Pool Heat Pump Works
Swimming pool heat pumps use a combination of solar energy and
electricity to heat the pool water, using electricity to drive fans and small
compressors that absorb solar heat from the surrounding area and transfer it to
the pool water.
1. As the pool water circulates through the pool pump, it goes through
the filter and heat pump heater.
2. A swimming pool heat pump has a fan that draws in outside air and
directs it into the evaporator coil, where the liquid refrigerant inside the
evaporator coil absorbs heat from the outside air and converts it into a gas.
3. The hot gas in the coil then passes through the compressor. The compressor
heats up to produce very hot gas, which then goes through the condenser.
4. The condenser transfers heat from the hot gas to the cooler pool
water that circulates through the heater. The heated water is then returned to
5. When the hot gas flows through the condenser coil and back to the
evaporator, it returns to a liquid state and the whole process starts again.
1) PVC titanium alloy heat exchanger, fully anti-corrosion, more
2) Compact structure and easy disassembly.
3) High efficiency compressors using R410a or R407c refrigerant.
4) Flow switch for water flow protection.
5) Smart controller and fast mind microprocessor adjustment.
6) Smart LCD display wire controller with touch screen display.
7) Air exchanger (finned coil) with hydrophilic coating.
8) Includes automatic defrost function. (with reverse circulation valve)
9) General tests and operational tests are performed on each device
before leaving the factory.
10) Both 50Hz and 60Hz units are available.
1) R32 new refrigerant
Efficient and environmentally friendly refrigerant, no ozone depletion
2) Intelligent control
The unit adopts intelligent control system: microprocessor-based digital
controller with liquid crystal display
3) PVC titanium heat exchanger
Resists harsh pool chemicals and corrosion
4) Low noise fan
Axial flow fan is selected, with large air volume and low running noise
5) Automatic defrosting
When the ambient temperature is as low as minus zero, the unit
automatically starts the defrost mode to ensure smooth operation
6) Low noise
The compressor is automatically adjusted by frequency conversion
according to the indoor and outdoor temperature, with accurate temperature
control, low noise and high energy efficiency
Swimming Pool Heat Pump Installation and Maintenance
Any handy homeowner can buy a heat pump, lay it horizontally and install
the plumbing behind the filter, but we recommend that an electrician hook up
Proper installation and maintenance of your heat pump pool heater will
optimize its efficiency.
Read your owner's manual for maintenance schedules and/or
recommendations. You may need to adjust your pool heater once a year.
Because heat pump pool heaters have many moving and electrical parts,
they may require regular maintenance by an air conditioning technician.
With proper installation and maintenance, heat pump pool heaters can
last 10 years or more.