Air Source Heat Pump Average Cost
If you're looking for a quiet, energy-efficient way to heat and cool your home, an air source heat pump may be the right choice. Air source heat pumps do not use fuel to heat the air. Instead, they send heated air through a compressor to or from your home. They come in a variety of sizes and types, as well as mounting options, meaning they can be used in many homes.
What is an air source heat pump?
Air source heat pumps collect and use energy from the outside air to heat the air inside a building. Not only is it a very energy efficient way to supply heat, but it is backed by the government's new Clean Heating Grant, which will replace the Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI) scheme. Air source heat pumps are generally more expensive to install than traditional heating systems, but are often offset by very low maintenance costs. They can be installed anywhere in the UK to provide heating and are a great option if you plan to minimise your home's environmental impact.
How much does an air source heat pump (ASHP) cost?
On average, an air source heat pump costs between £1,600 and £18,000 to supply and install. Air to water is the more expensive option, with an average cost of £13,000 for supply and installation. Air-to-air supply and installation, on the other hand, cost around £2,500. Air source heat pumps are generally a more expensive option than many traditional heating systems, but the environmental benefits are considerable. The high cost of air source heat pump installations is often considered an issue by many homeowners, especially when compared to new gas boiler installations. The real benefits, however, come from carbon-free emissions and a significant reduction in ongoing energy bills.
Factors Affecting Air Source Heat Pump Installation Costs Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when calculating the cost of an air source heat pump:
1. The size of your property: If your property is large, then it needs a more powerful heat source, which will drive up the price.
2. Insulation: If the property is not properly insulated, then the heating needs to work harder to maintain a consistent temperature.
3. Pump Brands: Some brands of air source heat pumps cost more than others.
4. Pump performance and efficiency: A more powerful and efficient pump will cost more.
5. Room temperature: If you want a higher room temperature, you may need a more powerful pump.
Air Source Heat Pump Cost Calculator
In order to answer the question "How much does an air source heat pump cost?" you need to consider installation costs and performance costs.
Air source heat pump installation cost
The cost of installing an air-to-water air source heat pump is around £5,000 - £10,000. This range depends on factors that affect the cost of installing an air source heat pump.
You can get a more reliable quote if you post a job with specific requirements. We'll forward it to a heat pump installer in your area who will send you a quote.
Air source heat pump operating cost
So, how much are you spending on running this heat pump? It depends on three factors.
1. Coefficient of performance of a heat pump: The efficiency of the pump (ratio of power input to power output).
2. Desired room temperature: Since these heat pumps are designed for 50 o C, if you need a higher temperature, you will get lower efficiency. This will result in higher running costs.
3. Heat source temperature: The efficiency of the pump will be higher if the pump is installed in a sunny and airy place.
Air Source Heat Pump Installation Quotation
No matter how complicated the installation of an air source heat pump is, it is still important to get the best price possible. A good way to do this is to get multiple quotes from different installers and compare them.
Fortunately, this is where we can help; just click the link below and answer some basic questions, and we'll provide you with up to 3 no-obligation quotes from qualified air source heat pump engineers in your area.